Talk to the protection adviser.

CALL US ON 0330 124 3070 or

Email Us

This kind of policy is particularly useful if you are concerned about whether or not you could cope financially in the event that you lost your job through redundancy or ill health.

You can take out an accident sickness and unemployment policy that is specific to a debt so that repayments will continue to be made in the event that you lose your income through an accident, sickness or after becoming unemployed.

Bear in mind that most ASU insurance policies are time limited, so they will only pay out for a set period. This can range from a few months to a couple of years, although if you decide instead to opt for a broader income protection policy, this will continue to pay you a monthly amount until you either recover or until the end of the policy term’. Policies also carry certain restrictions. For example, you may not be covered if you are already at risk of unemployment when you take out a policy.

The longer your cover lasts, the more expensive it is likely to be.

There are other providers of Payment Protection Insurance, Short-Term Income Protection and other products designed to protect you against loss of income. For impartial information about insurance, please visit the website at

Ask for our adviser's help who can advise what is suitable for you in your circumstances

Looking for Advice?

To talk about mortgages from multiple lenders across the mortgage market, including those not available on the high street, just give us a call to start the conversation or to organise to come and see us.